Read more about its usage.
The workflow of the plugin is this:
- Statically analyze the content of src/main/webapp and fail if any prohibited content found there, for example incorrectly formatted CSS stylesheet or web.xml file not compliant to its XSD schema.
- Perform XSL transformations on all xml files found in src/test/rexsl/xml (using your XSL stylesheets attached to them) and validate that resulting HTML documents are compliant to the rules of W3C and your groovy files found in src/test/rexsl/xhtml.
- Run all pre-start groovy scripts from src/test/rexsl/bootstrap from plugin class loader.
- Start Java servlet container (Jetty) with your classes and resources, emulating its real deployment to a real container.
- Run all startup data initializing groovy scripts from src/test/rexsl/setup, inside the container and in its class loader.
- Run all groovy tests found in src/test/rexsl/scripts.
- Shutdown the container and report success.
Of course, at any step build may fail.
Detailed list of all checks is here.
There are a number of cookbook advices, which will help: